37 things you might not know about me.......
1. I love where I live - my neighbourhood, our small town, the people, the surroundings! I can't imagine raising our girls anywhere else.
2. I love the Christmas season.
3. Snakes creep me out.
4. I am a huge fan of Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables
5. Sometimes I wish that I had done more and saw more with Kevin before we became parents. ie. travelling, recreation activities...
6. In total, I have had 12 baby teeth pulled by a dentist and all 4 wisdom teeth removed from my mouth....then I had braces, elastics, neck gear and a retainer. That is how I got my stunning smile! ; ) This is also why I cringe when Kamille started getting loose teeth.
7. I enjoy cooking, but can't stand baking. I am kind of obsessed with clean eating.
8. I need to follow a recipe when I cook. I have an obsession with trying new recipes and new foods. And I love to share great recipes with others!
9. I would have NEVER imagined being a mom to two girls. I just assumed I was a "Boy" kind of mom. Wow! Was I ever wrong on that! I am so NOT a "boy" kind of mom!
10. I was a really crafty and DIY kind of kid. I used to make jewellery and was obsessed with scrapbooking from an early age.
11. I got my first camera in when I was in Grade 4. It used flash cubes and printed square photos (a hand me down from my mom!) I have always owned my own camera since then!
12. The first big purchase Kevin and I made together was a digital point and shoot Nikon camera. We paid $799 for it (a point and shoot in 2002!) and the memory care that wasn't even 1G was over $100! I still have the receipt because it was a HUGE deal to me!
13. I was born and raised in London, Ontario. I didn't leave until Kevin and I moved to BC in 2005. I was soooooo excited to make this move!
12. I have a BA in Cultural Anthropology and a diploma in Child and Youth Counselling.
13. I am currently working towards my MA in Counselling. I am in my 3rd year and I hope to be done before 2016. Its a slow process for me.
14. I am passionate about working with youth and young adults between the ages of 16-30. My areas of interest are addictions and supporting GLBTQ2 youth.
15. My dream job would be to be a therapist in the counselling department at our local University. I would also like to offer Family Therapy and I want to bring more supportive services and support to our community for GLBTQ2 youth and young adults.
16. My favourite movies are Gladiator, The Last Samurai and Into The Wild.
17. I experience anxiety and stress more than I would like to, and I am always looking for new ways to manage these both.
18. I love wearing scarves and tall boots in the winter; necklaces and sunglasses in the summer.
19. I once had my long straight blond hair cut really short (that spiky duck-back style, with the front tucked behind my ears), it was dyed really dark brown with bright red and yellow blond highlights put into it. I had no idea who I was in the mirror. I was devastated for 24 hours, but then I learned to embrace change and became obsessed with making change to my hair as often as possible after that. Days when I get to sit in the chair at a salon are still one of my favourites!
20. I don't own a cell phone. I do have a work cell phone though that I mostly use when I need it. I would be in big trouble if I owned an iPhone.
21. When I grow up I will become a reader. I have never been into reading and so I am dreadfully slow at reading textbooks for school. I do get envious of what other's learn from reading novels!
22. I LOVE reading children's books with my girls at bedtime. I love getting into characters and being animated.
23. One of my most favourite things to do is to tuck my girls into bed before I go to sleep. I love kissing and smelling their warm bodies as they sleep.
24. I am attempting to embrace the power of Yoga. I think I could be doing a better job at getting started.
25. I still don't know how to drive standard. My dad never taught me on his car as a way to keep us from driving it!
26. I met Kevin on a blind date. He was my 4th blind date. (My parents and my grandparents also met on a blind date). When I first met Kevin on this blind date, I NEVER would have guessed I would end up marrying him. ; )
28. My only wedding day regret - I don't like the way my hair looked on my wedding day. I knew it wasn't "me" as it was getting done and I wish that I had said something.
29. When I was younger I played competitive hard ball and my nickname was "Energizer" because I was a fast base runner. I also figure skated but I sucked at that.
30. I HATED my sister when we were kids...SERIOUSLY HATED her. Now I can't imagine what I would do without her : )
31. I have been a maid of honor 3 times and a bridesmaid 2 times...and loved every dress!
32. I really really hate going into water that I can't see what I am stepping on or what's under me! FREAKS me out.
33. I have a thing for Justin Timberlake...and Eminem. For different reasons.
34. I failed Grade 13 Biology.....My dad was a grade 13 biology teacher at the time. I wonder if that was embarrassing for him? ; )
35. Kevin and I honeymooned down New Zealand and in Hong Kong and fought for about
80% of the time. We can now laugh about it.
36. I LOVE being with my girlfriends...and if my girlfriends bring their partners over for a dinner party, I love that even more!
37. It was my 37th birthday this week. I am hoping that having my lucky #7 in my age brings me some great love and adventure this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday! What a lovely post!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI feel the SAME WAY about how much I wish Ken and I had traveled more before having kids. We just talked about this a couple of weeks ago, actually.
ReplyDeleteI am one of those people that doesn't know what I would do without my cell phone, but I KNOW that there are still tons of people that do JUST FINE without theirs. [But we also don't have a landline in our house, so I'm not sure how I would call people, lol]
I, also, met Ken on a blind date! How neat :) And we are still very good friends with the guy who set us up.
The water thing - yes! Ken wants to get a lakehouse, but I have absolutely no desire to live next to a body of water where I will NEVER go swimming.
And finally ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope this is an AMAZING year for you, sweet friend. :) xoxo
Thank you Keli! I love the similar blind date thing! So great to take that chance, eh? Thanks for the wishes and comments!
DeleteThis was amazing to read!! Happy 37th, it looks like you are living your dream!! LOVE the header;)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kelly! Life is pretty rich out here!
Deleteso fun!! loved reading and learning more about you!! i think if we met in real life we would be great friends!!! :) I love Justin Timberlake too Ha!! :)
ReplyDeleteWell of course we would Kristin! You do have the coolest name to begin with! Ha! I would love hanging out with you and your kiddos! Imagine the fun day trips we could get up to! Fun fun! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post!
ReplyDeleteA couple of things:
I too can't wait to read Anne of Green Gables with the girls! Probably with some JT background music... ;)
Just made the best soup EVER! Will post the recipe on FB today for you! (Wait, do you like spicy?)
Could you please, please, please compile all your pictures of hairstyles past and post them here for us?! I just can not picture you with that doo...
Remember when you got random tickets to NSYNC from scalpers and called me from the concert and didn't know who JT was or that he was dating Britney Spears? I still remember standing in my gross kitchen apartment trying to figure out WTF you were yelling on the voicemail!
ReplyDeleteYou will one day read Harry Potter to the girls and EAT YOUR WORDS. You will be as much in love with that as you would be with yoga and... Eminem? Indeed. I can't believe you also loved my MOH dress for you. I could've sewn it better!
If you failing Gr 13 bio was an embarrassment, how about me not even bothering to take it?? LOL!
Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'm just getting caught up on your blog (After taking a bunch of time off of blogging, reading, etc) & love this post all about you!
ReplyDeleteA couple of similarities between us; I love, LOVE Little House on the Prairie. My family makes fun of me & my obsession with the books (and old shows). I can't wait for Sophie to be old enough to share it with. Snakes are creepy indeed, as is any water where you cant see the bottom. If I'm out on a boat and start thinking about what lies beneath, it creeps me out too....And JT? He's cute & always fun to watch when interviewed (I used to be obsessed with NSYNC ;)
Hope you had fun, celebrating you :)