Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Magic Of A Hot Bath!

I'm not sure what exactly was going on with Karis this morning, but she was OFF.  Totally not herself, totally cranky, totally whiny and would not let me put her down.  She was like velcro to me.  Even when I was splitting my attention between doing puzzles with her and chatting with Kevin, she was upset.  She wanted ALL of me.  With Kevin on his way out the door for some "me" time and the rain pouring down outside, I wasn't sure how I was going to handle my little distressed one.  Then Kevin said the words, "What about a hot bath?"  
Oh, and what a fine suggestion that was.  Bath time in our house is usually every other night, so offering up a bubble bath on a Saturday morning was definitely out of the ordinary and bound to make a difference.   Kamille wanted in on it too, and so I decided to take advantage of the light coming through the windows to get some updated bath snaps of them.  
With a little extra water than usual and a new addition to the bathtub (Kamille's mermaid Barbie girl), they were all smiles and the crankiness and whining finally stopped!
Our bathtub is super deep and is the perfect size for their little bodies to happily hang out in.
While they splashed around in the bath, I managed to get the rest of the bathroom clean.  I love a clean bathroom!  
See my ENJO bathroom mitt really does the trick!   Super shiny and the perfect mirrored reflection!  
They came out of the bath tub about an hour after they climbed in.  Both of them were warm and pruney.  
Thankfully, Karis was in much better spirits and she managed to make it through to her nap time without being attached to me.    
 YAY for pressing the reset button on a morning that certainly didn't start out fun!  Great idea Daddy!

5 comments:

  1. Love hot baths at random times of the day!!!
    I have a picture up in our bathroom of Julia and Lauren surrounded with bubbles, just like Kamille....so cute, and such a great snapshot of their precious faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love bathtub photos...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for bathtime!! Great light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man! these are just amazing shots you took! i love them all and aren't baths just the best?! loving your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Its been a while since I did bathroom photos! I love the silliness of them! I managed to snap lots of cute bums too! ; )

    ReplyDelete