Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Little Swimmer

This is the third of my, "My Little...." series.  
First Kamille was My Little Ballerina, then she was My Little Gymnast, next she was My Little Yogi (but I dropped the ball on that one and didn't get a single photo of her in class), and now she is now My Little Swimmer!  Yay!
Truthfully, I never thought this day would come but am so glad that it has!  
As planned, Kamille was registered for swimming lessons that would start right after the Christmas holiday.  We were anticipating that Mexico would have inspired her to at least enjoy water in a pool.  Fortunately, it did! 
So now my Tuesday and Thursday mornings are all about going to the rec centre for swimming lessons.  Its only a 30 minute class each day, but somehow it throws off the usual routine of having at least one of those mornings as free-to-do-nothing or whatever on my days off work.  However, with the weather that we have been having lately, its a gift to be forced out of the home so not to be drowned by the rainy and unusually cold weather outside.
So now we have a new routine.  On Tuesdays we arrive at the pool just a wee bit earlier so that Karis and I can get some fun time in the pool.  Kamille has her lesson and then joins us for a bit more swimming and a dip into the hot tub before we pack things up and go on home for lunch.  Thursday is our flex day.  I have usually opted not to swim but I've got to make sure that I've got something fun and distracting for Karis to do because that girl can throw it down if she can't swim.   She's way more adventurous and into swimming than Kamille was at her age.  Anyway, Thursdays give us a bit more time to do some grocery shopping or run errands after Kamille's lesson.  
We signed Kam up for one of the lowest levels in swimming so that she would be successful.  Before Kamille's pool experiences in Mexico and according to the "If your child can......" checklist, Kamille was a Sea Turtle and registered as such, but after discussing with her teacher following her mid-session report, our little Kamille is more of a Salamander in the making!  
She has taken to swimming lessons with so much excitement and enthusiasm.
This session will end in a couple weeks and we've made the decision to enrol her into another 10 classes - as a Salamander!
That's 20 classes in 10 weeks!  I am a bit nervous about when she will start with the "I don't want to go swimming today" line, but my fingers are crossed that she doesn't go there.
Resting up for some more fun?
I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
But for now, I am super proud of my little swimmer!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Take after your Auntie Jilly Kamille!!! My girls were barely Sea Turtles last summer. I think Rachel has improved quite a bit, but the verdict is still out on whether Cor will turn into a waterbug. Kingsley is my swimming superstar ;)

    ReplyDelete