A few weeks ago, started thinking about the month of June. June, as in the month when I would be off school and I would have my evenings free to do anything and everything without the guilt of ignoring textbook reading and assignment writing. As I do each term, I create this running list of things I will do when school is no longer an obstacle. I look forward to tackling it, ticking off boxes, and feeling that sense of accomplishment.
But during this past term I started thinking about the summer approaching, the fact that Kamille would be starting school in September. Life as we know it will certainly change. In June I would have my entire mindset free to enjoy time spent with my girls, giving them my undistracted time and energy. I started thinking of fun places we could visit, things we could do and a bunch of other fun things for us to do as a trio or as a family all together.
I got the girls and Kevin involved in creating our list and soon enough I realized that there was certainly no way to accomplish all of our list in just one month. Hence, the list has become a list of fun for our entire summer. Sadly the month of Junuary has put a halt to some of our plans but hopefully the sun and warmth will come back and we will get back to the more fun things on our list!
I am super excited. I am sure we will continue to add to it daily, but here is what is on it so far:
The Fun List
1. Fly our kite
2. Kick Kamille's soccor ball around in a field
3. Go to Science World
4. Plant a Garden
5. Shop for and plant flower pots
6. Pick Raspberries at North Arm Farm (don't forget the bug spray!)
7. Pick wild blackberries by the bucket full
8. Swim in the Stanley Park pool
9. Ride bikes in Stanley Park
10. Picnic lunch on the seawall at False Creek
11. Walk around Granville Island
11. Go for a canoe ride
12. Swim in a lake in Whistler
13. Paddle board
14. Bike to the local farmers market
15. Hike Sky Pilot (Kevin and I)
16. Picnic lunch at our Secret Beach with friends
17. Spend the weekend at Live at Squamish
18. The girls make art on canvas for their bedrooms
19. Make fabric wall art for Karis' room
20. Photography Kamille and Karis' artwork
21. Attend a Rollerderby
22. Visit Maplewood Farm
23. Have a fingerpaint extravaganza
24. Walk to Onatah after dinner for ice cream
25. Make really fun popsicles
26. Go to a local dance recital
27. Host an all girls day at our trailer (moms and kiddos!)
28. Have more open houses at the trailer
29. Rent and watch a movie from the movie store
30. Planned photoshoots a) in a field of lupins
b) bowing bubbles
c) watching the Whistler Mountaineer ride by
d) mustache and glasses funny faces
e) flying away with chalk balloons!
29. Rent and watch a movie from the movie store
30. Planned photoshoots a) in a field of lupins
b) bowing bubbles
c) watching the Whistler Mountaineer ride by
d) mustache and glasses funny faces
e) flying away with chalk balloons!
There's no pressure to do it all. Its just nice to be able to look at our list of ideas when considering what we might do on our days together. I like hearing Kamille ask me to "check the list" because she is into the whole idea!
There are a lot of things on the list that we have done in past summers, and some things we can certainly do more than once. Some of the things we have already managed to enjoy since creating the list. I am loving the opportunity to collect such great ideas!
There are a lot of things on the list that we have done in past summers, and some things we can certainly do more than once. Some of the things we have already managed to enjoy since creating the list. I am loving the opportunity to collect such great ideas!
And here are two more gratuitous photos of my girls that make me laugh.....
| While looking at the Scholastic book order newsprint. Obviously there is a book we will not be ordering! : ) |
Kamille loves to have her hair twisted up into small balls overnight so that she has curls the next day. Sadly, Karis' hair results in a very poodle-like appearance! ; )
Gosh they make me laugh.
Great list!!! We have a few similar things planned this summer (strawberry picking at North Arm Farms, Stanley Park Pool, picnics!! & Wes and I hope to hike to Elfin Lakes).
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE the photos of the girls reading the scholastic paper. Those two look like so much fun!!
Oh, Elfin Lakes! So much fun! Do it for sure! Kev and I did that with Kam in a backpack when she was about 18 months or so. It was a 5 hour day of hiking with her on Kevin's back, and she did super well, but if you can do it solo, it would be even more FREEDOM! Its awesome up there! Perhaps we might run into you one day this summer when we are out and about! ; )
DeleteThe pic of them sitting with their papers is priceless! Will be borrowing
ReplyDeletea few things from your list :)
Oh that last picture is brilliant!
ReplyDeleteVery similar to our list (no surprise there!) Will probably blog ours after Kindergarten is out :)
31. Go to Ontario to visit the Bell's.
ReplyDeleteThen you can let Kamille come to one of my soccer games and play with ME! And she can help out with my huge garden, swim in our (kiddie) pool, have a photo shoot with the cousins, AND make awesome popsicles with my juicer!!!
:( I wish you guys lived closer.
WE have a big long list of things to do this summer, too. I keep adding to it from ideas off Pinterest (of course). There are so many good ideas!!
Hmm.. you are right. We could knock a lot of those off the list if we did come out. We'd have to accomplish #32 first though.
Delete32. Plant a money tree, fertilize it and reap the benefits quickly.