Monday, February 21, 2011

Inspired

I knew that getting my Masters in Counselling Psychology would be a big deal for me, but I was certainly not expecting how it would change my life, outlook and my perspective.

I suppose all along I have been scratching the surface in the ways that I have helped people in the jobs and roles that I have had in this field of work.  

I've been scratching the surface, believing that I was pretty knowledgable and competent in particular areas of the field.  

I was and I am.

However, I have so much to learn.  There is just so much to learn.


All along I've been scratching the surface, but doing my Masters is going to get me going deep.  Deep into learning, deep into critical thinking, deeper into understanding.

I've just spent 4 days in my "in-class" learning environment where I was surrounded by inspirational educators who have brilliant ways of thinking, a passion for giving us knowledge and whom spent time sharing their life's work and experiences in connecting with others.

I'm feeling inspired by new ways of working with people; new ways of understanding, new ways of questioning, connecting and being present in the lives of others.  

I am only 4 months in on a 6-year long journey and already I am that much more aware of how I have changed through this educational experience.

I cannot imagine how my mind will work at the end.  How exciting to think about the possibilities of who I will become and what I will do for my community.

AMAZING!

I am so inspired to grow!

I had no idea just how much I would.  

1 comment: